Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Food-pushing

Please, don't do it.

You don't need to be vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, raw, macrobiotic, pescatarian, pesca-vegan (heh c'est moi), or I don't know, doing that Paleo diet, to despise food-pushers.

Mothers trying to get their kids to eat, or nurses feeding patients are different. There obviously are exceptions. But if you're just yourself, reading this blog because you already have your health in mind, and you don't feel like eating something, why does someone else try to make you eat it?

Apart from being asked questions about veganism, or pesca-veganism or sugar-freeism, I have never before dealt with having food pushed on me.

For example, someone made some bread, and I tasted some, thought it was good, but continued upstairs to my room to go on the computer. Food-pusher walks upstairs two minutes later, asking me, no, demanding to me, if she can bring me a plate of the bread. (Since I'm upstairs, I guess I just can't get it myself). I said "No, thank you, if I want some I'll just go downstairs and get it".

And don't get me started on mango. I love mango, but there's something about having food pushed on you that makes me think that there's got to be a reason this food-pusher doesn't want this dream food. So my primal instincts kick in and I assume there's something wrong with the pushed food. So I don't want it either.

I think it's because the other person is:
afraid they'll eat it
or that it won't be eaten.

There are myriad reasons for those three all-encompassing reasons. (I just thought of another one: they actually want YOU to eat it) Luckily, my food-pusher pushes food on others in addition to me, so I think I'm dealing with a case No. 1.

That's all

No comments:

Post a Comment